Zookeeper >> mail # user >> question about server reconfig

+
Ted Dunning 2010-12-15, 01:25
Re: question about server reconfig
That's interesting, I would say the opposite though.  ZK uses the myid file
when starting to know which node in the config file corresponds to itself.
 If the myid file doesn't match a "server.X" entry in the config file, then
I imagine it would fail to start successfully, not knowing which ip/ports
are for itself.  Maybe someone who isn't guessing should answer though.

~Jared

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 8:25 PM, Ted Dunning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yuliya just asked me this:
>
> > If "myid" in ZK datadir gets overwritten with different from existing
> number (still unique within ensemble) will it create an issue while ZK is
> running?
>
> My suggested answer is that it won't hurt anything, but it may cause that
> node to discard any snapshots or logs created under the old id.
>
> Anybody have corrections or amplifications to this?

+
Ted Dunning 2010-12-15, 07:12
+
Mahadev Konar 2010-12-15, 02:30