Accumulo, mail # dev - Ready to run Accumulo VMhn

+
John Vines 2012-08-23, 20:57
Re: Ready to run Accumulo VMhn
Christopher Tubbs 2012-08-23, 22:18
That's huge. Is there any way you can simply script what you did to
create this image, and share that, so somebody could execute it from
an internet-connected clean-install of a virtual machine? (something
like a kickstart file, or a cloudinit script?... or perhaps a single
RPM and/or DEB that grabs all the right stuff and turns a vanilla OS
install into an Accumulo system?).

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 4:57 PM, John Vines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've thrown this guy together as a way for users to get a quick start with
> Accumulo. It comes with hadoop, zookeeper, and accumulo preconfigured for a
> single node. It uses BigTop for hadoop and zookeeper. It's a virtualbox
> export which is set up for 4GB of memory. It does include init.d scripts
> for quick start. That said, the init scripts require
> Accumulo-1.4.2-SNAPSHOT, so that' why I'm only emailing dev. I will update
> them when we release 1.4.2 for larger public consumption. accumulo user
> password is secret, as is the root password for accumulo. Just boot it up
> and wait a minute or 3 as processes start up. Firefox is configured for the
> monitor page and namenode page, so you can easily pull it up and see the
> state of your cluster.
>
> If you do play with it, provide feedback. I want to make this as easily as
> possible for a user who's new to Accumulo and wants to try it out without
> having to configure all of the dependencies.
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/538523/accumulo.ova.gz
>
> John
+
Christopher Tubbs 2012-08-23, 22:20