Zookeeper >> mail # user >> help with bookkeeper code?

Re: help with bookkeeper code?
Hi Yang, Please use the bookkeeper-user@zookeeper list for questions
about BK.

"BookieClient" is possibly a misleading name for what that class does.
It is supposed to be internal to the bookkeeper client library and
used for the communication of the client with the bookies. The
interface you're supposed to use is available in the BookKeeper and in
the LedgerHandle classes. With a BookKeeper object, one can create,
open, and delete ledgers. Upon creating or opening a ledger, the call
returns a ledger handle, which you use to add to the ledger or read
from the ledger, depending on the state of the ledger.

You'll also find the documentation of the API here:

http://zookeeper.apache.org/bookkeeper/docs/trunk/bookkeeperProgrammer.html

-Flavio
On Sep 6, 2011, at 7:02 AM, Yang wrote:

> I was trying to learn how to use BookKeeper, so I started from the
> test code
> BookieClientTest.java, and stripped it down to the
> most basic form (code pasted below),
>
> now I just have the readEntry callback print out onto screen, but it
> doesn't
> seem to be executed. there is not much doc available,
> where am I doing wrong?
>
> I setup my separate bookie server as instructed by the README.txt , by
> java -cp
> $MYLIB:\$\{dist.dir\}/contrib/bookeper/zookeeper-dev-bookkeeper.jar:/
> home/yyang/work/zookeeper/zookeeper-3.3.3/zookeeper-3.3.3.jar
> org.apache.bookkeeper.util.LocalBookKeeper 1
>

> Thanks a lot
> Yang
>

> ///////////////////////////////////////
> package org.apache.bookkeeper.test;
>
> /*
> *
> * Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one
> * or more contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file
> * distributed with this work for additional information
> * regarding copyright ownership.  The ASF licenses this file
> * to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the
> * "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance
> * with the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
> *
> *   http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
> *
> * Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing,
> * software distributed under the License is distributed on an
> * "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY
> * KIND, either express or implied.  See the License for the
> * specific language governing permissions and limitations
> * under the License.
> *
> */
>
> import java.io.File;
> import java.net.InetSocketAddress;
> import java.nio.ByteBuffer;
> import java.util.Arrays;
> import java.util.concurrent.Executors;
>
> import org.jboss.netty.buffer.ChannelBuffer;
> import org.jboss.netty.buffer.ChannelBuffers;
> import org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.ClientSocketChannelFactory;
> import
> org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioClientSocketChannelFactory;
> import org.junit.Test;
> import org.apache.bookkeeper.client.BKException;
> import org.apache.bookkeeper.proto.BookieClient;
> import org.apache.bookkeeper.proto.BookieServer;
> import
> org
> .apache
> .bookkeeper.proto.BookkeeperInternalCallbacks.ReadEntryCallback;
> import
> org.apache.bookkeeper.proto.BookkeeperInternalCallbacks.WriteCallback;
> import org.apache.bookkeeper.util.OrderedSafeExecutor;
> import org.apache.log4j.Logger;
>
> import junit.framework.TestCase;
>
> public class SimpleClientTest extends TestCase {
> [...]

flavio
junqueira

research scientist

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
direct +34 93-183-8828

phone (408) 349 3300    fax (408) 349 3301