HDFS >> mail # user >> Can we declare some HDFS nodes "primary"

Re: Can we declare some HDFS nodes "primary"
Rack awareness with replication factor of 3 on files will help.

You could declare two racks, one carrying these 10 nodes, and default rack
for the rest of them, and the rack-aware default block placement policy
will take care of the rest.