HDFS >> mail # user >> Log files occupy lot of Disk size

Log files occupy lot of Disk size
Hi,

Everytime i query hbase or hive ,there is a significant growth in my
log files and it consumes lot of space from my hard disk....(Approx 40
gb)
So i stop the cluster ,delete all the logs and free the space and then
again start the cluster to start my work.

Is there any other solution coz i cannot restart the cluster everyday.