Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Rolling upgrades

+
Jordan Zimmerman 2012-03-08, 23:30
+
Alexander Shraer 2012-03-08, 23:39
+
Jordan Zimmerman 2012-03-09, 00:10
+
Ted Dunning 2012-03-09, 00:24
Re: Rolling upgrades
Any even number that is greater than half of the configured number of nodes
is fine.

The only *really* bad even number of servers is 0.

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 4:24 PM, Ted Dunning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It won't be any different than a temporary state when one of 3 or 5 nodes
> is down.
>

> On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 4:10 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> AlsoŠ
>>
>> I thought that ZK ensembles need to be odd in number. How would ZK handle
>> a temporary state where there is an even number?
>>
>> -JZ
>>
>> On 3/8/12 3:39 PM, "Alexander Shraer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> >I don't think there is a problem if you do it as you say, or even if you
>> >just change the config files of all servers at once and restart them,
>> >because a majority of the new config
>> >necessarily intersects with a majority of the old one, so a server who
>> >has the latest state will be elected leader.
>> >
>> >Alex

+
Alexander Shraer 2012-03-09, 00:15