HBase >> mail # user >> Internals of HBase shell to connect with a secure HBase cluster

Internals of HBase shell to connect with a secure HBase cluster
Hi Guys,

>From last 1 week i have been trying to connect Phoenix to a secure HBase
cluster. I have been working with Phoenix team to get it going(
https://github.com/forcedotcom/phoenix/issues/382). Unfortunately, i
haven't been successful.

We currently use hbase shell for some querying but we would like to move to
a SQL like interface so we want Phoenix.
As per my analysis of hbase shell, We do kinit and then run shell, it is
able to connect to secure HBase by using the following java property:
-Djava.security.auth.login.config=/etc/hbase/conf/jaas.conf

HBase shell doesnt uses anything extra(apart from jaas.conf) for connecting
to secure cluster. Right?

We are using cdh4.3 i.e. HBase0.94.6.

--
Thanks & Regards,