HBase >> mail # user >> Maximum number of tables ?

Re: Maximum number of tables ?
Currently there is a hardcoded limit on the number of regions that a region server can manage.
Its 1500.
Note that if the number of regions gets to around 1000 regions per region server, you end up with a performance hit. (YMMV)

So if you have 1 region per table, there's a real limit of 1500 tables * number of RS nodes.

Note: You will probably die well before hitting this limit, again YMMV.