I am currently testing HBase 0.95 using 2.0.5-SNAPSHOT artifacts.
Would 2.1.0-SNAPSHOT maven artifacts be available after tomorrow's change ?
On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 12:45 PM, Konstantin Boudnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I will be performing some changes wrt to moving 126.96.36.199 release candidate
> 2.0.5 space. As outline below by Alejandro:
> 1. I will create new 2.0.5-alpha branch from the current head of
> that contains 188.8.131.52 changes
> 2. consequently, set the artifacts version on the new branch to be
> 3. the CHANGES.txt will be updated accordingly on the new 2.0.5 branch
> 4. At this point I can cut an RC and put it out for re-vote. The staging
> be done after the next two steps.
> I will be doing all these modifications in the next hour or so.
> Tomorrow at 1 pm PDT I would like to:
> 1. update the version of the artifacts on branch-2 to become 2.1.0-SNAPSHOT
> 2. update the CHANGES.txt in the trunk and branch-2 to reflect new version
> 3. at this point it should safe to do the staging for 2.0.5-alpha RC
> To avoid any collisions during the last two steps - especially 2. - I would
> ask everyone to hold off the modifications of the CHANGES.txt files on
> and branch-2 between 1 pm and 2 pm PDT.
> Please let me know if you see any flaw above, questions.
> > As we change from 184.108.40.206 to 2.0.5 you'll need to do the following
> > housekeeping as you work the new RC.
> > * rename the svn branch
> > * update the versions in the POMs
> > * update the CHANGES.txt in trunk, branch-2 and the release branch
> > * change the current 2.0.5 version in JIRA to 2.1.0, create a new 2.0.5
> > version, change the fix version of the 2 JIRAs that make the RC
> > I renamed 2.0.5-beta to 2.1.0-beta and 220.127.116.11-alpha to 2.0.5-alpha
> > in jira for HADOOP, HDFS, YARN & MAPREDUCE.
> > Please take care of the rest.
> > Also, in branch-2, the version should be 2.1.0-SNAPSHOT.