MapReduce >> mail # dev >> mapreduce.jobtracker.address vs. yarn.resourcemanager.address

Re: mapreduce.jobtracker.address vs. yarn.resourcemanager.address

There was a time when there were thoughts of being able to run MR1 in parallel with YARN while the later took off. So they were supposed to coexist, hence the non-deprecation.

I am not sure we formally did, but once it is cast in stone that MR1 cannot be run with Hadoop 2.0 *(by which time we should remove JT/TT etc.), then we can deprecate these configs.

Thanks,
+Vinod