MapReduce, mail # dev - [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.1.0-beta

+
Arun C Murthy 2013-06-26, 08:17
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-06-28, 19:25
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-06-28, 21:05
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-07-02, 00:33
+
Hitesh Shah 2013-06-28, 19:03
+
Sandy Ryza 2013-06-28, 19:07
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-07-03, 18:06
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-07-17, 19:24
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-07-17, 20:04
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-07-17, 23:14
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-07-17, 23:25
As I've mentioned in my previous email, if we get YARN-701 in, we should
also get in the fix for unmanaged AMs in an un-secure setup in 2.1.0-beta.
Else is a regression of a functionality it is already working.

Because of that, to avoid continuing delaying the release, I'm suggesting
to mention in the release notes the API changes and behavior changes that
YARN-918 and YARN-701 will bring into the next beta or GA release.

thx
On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 4:14 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Jul 17, 2013, at 1:04 PM, Alejandro Abdelnur wrote:
>
> > * YARN-701
> >
> > It should be addressed before a GA release.
> >
> > Still, as it is this breaks unmanaged AMs and to me
> > that would be a blocker for the beta.
> >
> > YARN-701 and the unmanaged AMs fix should be committed
> > in tandem.
> >
> > * YARN-918
> >
> > It is a consequence of YARN-701 and depends on it.
>

> YARN-918 is an API change. And YARN-701 is a behaviour change. We need
> both in 2.1.0.
>

> > * YARN-926
> >
> > It would be nice to have it addressed before GA release.
>

> Either ways. I'd get it in sooner than later specifically when we are
> trying to replace the old API with the new one.
>
> Thanks,
> +Vino

+
Devaraj Das 2013-07-21, 07:43