HBase >> mail # user >> key design

Re: key design
Hi:

So you are saying you have ~3TB of data stored per day?

Using the second approach, all data for one day will go to only 1
regionserver no matter what you do because HBase doesn't split a single
row.

Using the first approach, data will spread across regionservers but there
will be hotspotted to each regionserver during write since this is a
time-series problem.

Best Regards,

Jerry