Drill >> mail # user >> hangout notes Dec 17

hangout notes Dec 17
Hi all,

Attached are notes from this weeks hangout.

Michael, if you would like to add my gmail address as an editor to the
hangout document I can post my notes there without making you copy them.

Jacques - I took some notes during your brief description of the code
generation system. I have copied them below if you would like to expand on
it a little bit and throw it up on the wiki

- question to jacques? how does code generation work
        - methods need to be implemented
        - methods bodies need to be inserted somewhere
        - simple scaler function- do setup, do eval
        - scalar function is added to setup, eval added to do_eval
        - mapping sets map function bodies to any function you want to
        - in join, you have 6-8 abstract methods, that need to be populated
        - apply multiple expression trees to each of the methods
        - the mapping set is how you map particular expressions to the
functions

- Jason Altekruse