Hadoop >> mail # general >> Heads Up - hadoop-2.0.3 release

Heads Up - hadoop-2.0.3 release
On the heels of the planned 0.23.5 release (thanks Bobby & Thomas) I want to rollout a hadoop-2.0.3 release to reflect the growing stability of YARN.

I'm hoping we can also release the QJM along-with; hence I'd love to know an ETA - Todd? Sanjay? Suresh?

One other thing which would be nice henceforth is to better reflect release content for end-users in release-notes etc.; thus, can I ask committers to start paying closer attention to bug classification such as Blocker/Critical/Major/Minor etc.? This way, as we get closer to stable hadoop-2 releases, we can do a better job communicating content and it's criticality.

thanks,
Arun