Flume, mail # user - flume agent repeating the log events

flume agent repeating the log events
Madhusudhan Reddy Munagal... 2013-02-28, 14:43
Any help will be appreciated...

We have an issue where the flume agent is  repeating the log data. Below is
the pattern we have observed.****

** **

**1)      **Flume agent reads log events through tailDir  command  and
everything  looks fine with time stamp with the latest log event from the
log****

**2)      **After sometime the agent start reading the beginning of the
file.****

**3)      **One thing we have observed that the latest log event size is
78KB when the agent  stops reading latest log event and went to beginning
of the file****

** **

Any idea why agent  stops reading latest event  and goes back to beginning
of the file ?  Is this could be because of the size of the event being 78KB
?
Madhu
+
Roshan Naik 2013-02-28, 22:40