Kafka, mail # user - Re: java.lang.NumberFormatException: null - when producer tries to send message to Kafka queue - 2013-06-07, 15:19

Re: java.lang.NumberFormatException: null - when producer tries to send message to Kafka queue
Hi,
looking at the stack trace It seems to me you are using Kafka 0.7.0.
Well, I think the issue has something to do with broker(s) registration
(i.e Zookeeper) so you should check the startup messages on Kafka and
eventually the Zookeeper logs, I'm quite sure you will find something there.

The null value

/java.lang.NumberFormatException: null/

//that causes the NumberFormatException should be the number of topic
partitions that a given broker owns.  So it seems that you Zookeeper has
a node like this

//brokers/topics/<topic name>/<broker id> //
/
which doesn't have any data (i.e. number of partitions) associated.

Cheers,
Andrea