Kafka >> mail # user >> Kafka wiki Documentation conventions - looking for feedback

+
Chris Curtin 2013-03-25, 12:03
Re: Kafka wiki Documentation conventions - looking for feedback
Hi,

I've added an example program for using a SimpleConsumer for 0.8.0. Turns
out to be a little more complicated once you add Broker failover. I'm not
100% thrilled with how I detect and recover, so if someone has a better way
of doing this please let me (and this list) know.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/0.8.0+SimpleConsumer+Example

Thanks,

Chris
On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 8:02 AM, Chris Curtin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Thanks for the feedback. I've seen the example before and after in
> different books/articles and it doesn't matter to me.
>
> Anyone else want to help define a style guide or is there one I didn't see
> already?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris
>

> On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 7:46 PM, David Arthur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> This looks great! A few comments
>>
>> * I think it would be useful to start with a complete example (ready to
>> copy/paste) and then break it down bit by bit
>> * Some of the formatting is funky (gratuitous newlines), also I think 2
>> spaces looks nicer than 4
>> * In the text, it might be useful to embolden or italicize class names
>>
>> Also, maybe we should move this to a separate thread?

+
Jun Rao 2013-04-22, 16:27
+
Chris Curtin 2013-04-22, 17:41