Kafka, mail # user - Combating network latency best practice

Combating network latency best practice
Calvin Lei 2013-07-10, 04:35
Folks,
   Our application has multiple producers globally (region1, region2,
region3). If we group all the brokers together into one cluster, we notice
an obvious network latency if a broker replicates regionally with the
request.required.acks = -1.

   Is there any best practice for combating the network latency in the
deployment topology? Should we segregate the brokers regionally (one kafka
cluster per region) and set up MirrorMaker between the regions (region1
<--> region2, region2 <--> region3, region1 <--> region3), total of 6
mirror makes?
Thanks.