Kafka >> mail # user >> No leaders elected after topics created

+
Vadim Keylis 2013-08-22, 17:02
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-08-22, 18:06
Re: No leaders elected after topics created
Hello Neha. The topics should of been available since I ran list-topics
script 5 hours later after creating topics.
I am reffering to kafka-delete-topic.sh script that I got from kafka git
repository.

Thanks,
Vadim
On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 11:05 AM, Neha Narkhede <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> As part of topic creation, the controller broker has to elect leader for
> each of the topics and this involves a few writes to zookeeper. So it might
> take several seconds to complete leader election for 300 topics and that
> time would increase if you have many partitions per topic.
>
> Which delete partition script are you referring to? We don't have a delete
> topic feature in Kafka yet. So you can only create more partitions, but not
> delete them.
>
> Thanks,
> Neha
>

> On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 10:01 AM, Vadim Keylis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
>
> > I ran command to create 300 topics sequentially. Kafka create topic
> script
> > return with topic created successfully message. However running
> > kafka-list-topics.sh script showed to me that no leaders been selected
> and
> > no servers listed in ISR. First inspection of the logs showed no obvious
> > signs of the problem. After restarting kafka. I did a few restarts of
> kafka
> > service and its now showing that most partitions have brokers.
> >
> > Second issue is with delete partition script. I attempted to delete
> topics
> > to begin fresh start.  Even those script says it deleted partition
> > successfully, I still see no leader found exception.
> >
> >  Any suggestions on whats going on and how to avoid in the future?

+
Neha Narkhede 2013-08-22, 19:29
+
Vadim Keylis 2013-08-22, 20:13