Kafka >> mail # user >> There is insufficient memory for the Java Runtime Environment to continue.

+
David Montgomery 2014-01-30, 19:24
Re: There is insufficient memory for the Java Runtime Environment to continue.
I think this may be more a general java thing. Can you try running any java
class with the same command line options you are using for kafka and
confirm that that also doesn't work.

-Jay

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 11:23 AM, David Montgomery <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi, <%[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Why oh whhy can I nt start kafka 8?  I am on a machine with 512 megs of ram
> on digi ocean.  What does one have to do to get kafka to work?
>

> root@do-kafka-sf-development-20140130051956: export
> KAFKA_HEAP_OPTS="-Xmx256M -Xms128M
> root@do-kafka-sf-development-20140130051956:/etc/supervisor/conf.d#
> /var/lib/kafka-0.8.0-src/bin/kafka-server-start.sh
> /var/lib/kafka-0.8.0-src/config/server.properties
> OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM warning: INFO:
> os::commit_memory(0x00000000bad30000, 986513408, 0) failed; error='Cannot
> allocate memory' (errno=12)
> #
> # There is insufficient memory for the Java Runtime Environment to
> continue.
> # Native memory allocation (malloc) failed to allocate 986513408 bytes for
> committing reserved memory.
> # An error report file with more information is saved as:
> # /etc/supervisor/conf.d/hs_err_pid17533.log
>

> Thanks

+
David Montgomery 2014-01-30, 20:41
+