Kafka, mail # user - How to force producer and high level consumer to use different Ethernet cards on the kafka broker node

Re: How to force producer and high level consumer to use different Ethernet cards on the kafka broker node
Rob Withers 2014-01-16, 07:17
It seems the answer may lie on the broker and zookeeper sides.  Can these guys listen on 2 ports, simultaneously?  I believe you can listen on a filtered ip:port, so they could go to 2 NICs on those boxes and then have different props for the producer and consumers to use the different local NICs, by making sure the routing table is setup correctly.

- robert

On Jan 15, 2014, at 11:50 PM, Vadim Keylis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Jun. Just to be clear. Its not possible on single node that has two NIC
> cards(each NIC card assign its own ip address) to route traffic for
> producer through one NIC card and consumer through the other one while
> having kafka listening on the same port for both consumer and producer,
> correct?
>
> Thanks,
> Vadim
>

> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 9:33 PM, Jun Rao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Currently, Kafka broker only supports one port for both the produce and the
>> consumer clients.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jun
>>

>> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 4:15 PM, Vadim Keylis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi. We have kafka setup on server that has two Ethernet cards. Each
>>> Ethernet port has its own ip address. We would like to separate traffic
>> and
>>> setup producers to communicate through one card and consumers that use
>> high
>>> level client through the other card. Would you advise if that
>> configuration
>>> possible? How to configure both producer and consumer that uses kafka
>> high
>>> level client to use different ip addresses to access same kafka node?
>>>
>>> Thanks so much in advance,
>>> Vadim

- robert