Kafka >> mail # user >> How to force producer and high level consumer to use different Ethernet cards on the kafka broker node

Re: How to force producer and high level consumer to use different Ethernet cards on the kafka broker node
It seems the answer may lie on the broker and zookeeper sides.  Can these guys listen on 2 ports, simultaneously?  I believe you can listen on a filtered ip:port, so they could go to 2 NICs on those boxes and then have different props for the producer and consumers to use the different local NICs, by making sure the routing table is setup correctly.

- robert

On Jan 15, 2014, at 11:50 PM, Vadim Keylis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Jun. Just to be clear. Its not possible on single node that has two NIC
> cards(each NIC card assign its own ip address) to route traffic for
> producer through one NIC card and consumer through the other one while
> having kafka listening on the same port for both consumer and producer,
> correct?
>
> Thanks,
> Vadim
>

> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 9:33 PM, Jun Rao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Currently, Kafka broker only supports one port for both the produce and the
>> consumer clients.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jun
>>

>> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 4:15 PM, Vadim Keylis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi. We have kafka setup on server that has two Ethernet cards. Each
>>> Ethernet port has its own ip address. We would like to separate traffic
>> and
>>> setup producers to communicate through one card and consumers that use
>> high
>>> level client through the other card. Would you advise if that
>> configuration
>>> possible? How to configure both producer and consumer that uses kafka
>> high
>>> level client to use different ip addresses to access same kafka node?
>>>
>>> Thanks so much in advance,
>>> Vadim

- robert