Kafka >> mail # user >> hadoop-consumer code in contrib package

+
navneet sharma 2013-01-14, 18:35
+
Felix GV 2013-01-14, 22:43
+
navneet sharma 2013-01-15, 17:06
Re: hadoop-consumer code in contrib package
Please read the Kafka design paper <http://kafka.apache.org/design.html>.

It may look a little long, but it's as short as it can be. Kafka differs
from other messaging system in a couple of ways, and it's important to
understand the fundamental design choices that were made in order to
understand the way Kafka works.

I believe my previous email already answers both your offset tracking and
retention questions, but if my explanation are not clear enough, then the
next best thing is probably to read the design paper :)

Felix
On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 12:01 PM, navneet sharma <