Kafka, mail # user - found that the producer called localhost: 9092 in Kafka of Java client.

+
yanbo.ai 2013-07-24, 04:22
Re: found that the producer called localhost: 9092 in Kafka of Java client.
Jun Rao 2013-07-24, 04:35
Is this 0.8? If so, the broker list is only used for retrieving metadata.
The producer then connects to the broker using the returned metadata info.
The hostname in the metadata depends on the OS setting for the host (see
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/FAQ#FAQ-OnEC2%2Cwhycan%27tmyhighlevelconsumersconnecttothebrokers%3F
).

Thanks,

Jun