Kafka >> mail # user >> What exactly happens if fetch size is smaller than the next batch (0.72 and high-level consumer)

+
Philip OToole 2013-06-01, 06:26
Re: What exactly happens if fetch size is smaller than the next batch (0.72 and high-level consumer)
Yes, it is the maxSize parameter in FetchRequest. And the consumer won't
stall unless a single message (compressed or not) is larger than the fetch
size, in this case 300KB. It doesn't matter how big a batch is.

Thanks,
Neha

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 11:25 PM, Philip O'Toole <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello -- I'll try to look at the code, but I'm seeing something here
> and I want to be *sure* I'm correct.
>
> Say a batch sitting in a 0.72 partition is, say, 5MB in size. An
> instance of a high-level consumer has a configured fetch size of
> 300KB. This actually becomes the "maxSize" value, right, in
> FetchRequest? So in this example does the high-level consumer stall?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Philip

+
Philip OToole 2013-06-02, 01:26