Kafka >> mail # user >> 0.8.0 HEAD 3/4/2013 performance jump?

+
Chris Curtin 2013-03-04, 20:01
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-03-04, 20:07
Re: 0.8.0 HEAD 3/4/2013 performance jump?
Chris,

On the producer side, are you using ack=0? Earlier, ack=0 is the same as
ack=1, which means that the producer has to wait for the message to be
received by the leader. More recently, we did the actual implementation of
ack=0, which means the producer doesn't wait for the message to reach the
leader and therefore it is much faster.

Thanks,

Jun

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 12:01 PM, Chris Curtin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm definitely not complaining, but after upgrading to HEAD today my
> producers are running much, much faster.
>
> Don't have any measurements, but last release I was able to tab windows to
> stop a Broker before I could generate 500 partitioned messages. Now it
> completes before I can get the Broker shutdown!
>
> Anything in particular you guys fixed?
>
> (I did remove all the files on disk per the email thread last week and
> reset the ZooKeeper meta, but that shouldn't matter right?)
>
> Very impressive!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris

+