Kafka >> mail # user >> 0.8.0 HEAD 3/4/2013 performance jump?

Re: 0.8.0 HEAD 3/4/2013 performance jump?
Chris,

On the producer side, are you using ack=0? Earlier, ack=0 is the same as
ack=1, which means that the producer has to wait for the message to be
received by the leader. More recently, we did the actual implementation of
ack=0, which means the producer doesn't wait for the message to reach the
leader and therefore it is much faster.

Thanks,

Jun