Kafka, mail # user - Re: Tuning mirror maker performance - 2013-08-23, 14:58

Re: Tuning mirror maker performance
The bottleneck can be either CPU, network, or disk I/O. You just need to
monitor the load on each. For example, if you monitor the per thread level
CPU load, in MM you can figure out if there is single thread that's the
bottleneck. Then you can look at the I/O load on the target broker and see
if I/O is saturated. If not, increasing the batch size in the producer will
likely help.

Refreshing metadata is only for existing topics. The producer always
refreshes metadata on new topics that it never sees.

Thanks,

Jun