Kafka >> mail # user >> Wrong request type 768

+
Ahmed H. 2013-11-04, 22:09
Re: Wrong request type 768
Hello Ahmed,

Currently we only have 10 total Kafka request types, including produce
request, fetch request and topic metadata request. And these requests are
encoded with a key, currently ranging from 0 to 9. When Kafka server
receives a request with key it cannot recognize, that exception will be
thrown.

I am curious how a request with key 768 can be generated. Could you
describe the process to reproduce it?

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang