Kafka >> mail # user >> Questions about the leader election

Re: Questions about the leader election
Thank you Neha, it's very helpful information!

I also read this article
http://engineering.linkedin.com/kafka/intra-cluster-replication-apache-kafka
For the section "Handling Failures", I am wondering some questions:

1. "The leader and the ISR for each partition are also stored in Zookeeper
and are used during the failover of the controller." What path does it be
stored ? Is there any way to see the information on zookeeper ?

2. If the controller fail, how does the new controller be elected ? Does it
be elected by Zookeeper ? How does Zookeeper decide which node should be
the controller ?

Many thanks!

--

Friendly regards,