Kafka >> mail # user >> kafka.common.OffsetOutOfRangeException

+
Christopher Alexander 2013-03-13, 20:53
Re: kafka.common.OffsetOutOfRangeException
Is offset 562949953452239, partition 0, actually available on the
Kafka broker? Have you checked?

Philip

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 1:53 PM, Christopher Alexander
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am using Node-Kafka to connect to Kafka 0.7.2. Things were working fine but we are experiencing repeated exceptions of the following:
>
> [2013-03-13 16:45:14,615] ERROR error when processing request FetchRequest(topic:promoterregack, part:0 offset:562949953452239 maxSize:1048576) (kafka.server.KafkaRequestHandlers)
> kafka.common.OffsetOutOfRangeException: offset 562949953452239 is out of range
>         at kafka.log.Log$.findRange(Log.scala:46)
>         at kafka.log.Log.read(Log.scala:264)
>         at kafka.server.KafkaRequestHandlers.kafka$server$KafkaRequestHandlers$$readMessageSet(KafkaRequestHandlers.scala:112)
>         at kafka.server.KafkaRequestHandlers.handleFetchRequest(KafkaRequestHandlers.scala:92)
>         at kafka.server.KafkaRequestHandlers$$anonfun$handlerFor$2.apply(KafkaRequestHandlers.scala:39)
>         at kafka.server.KafkaRequestHandlers$$anonfun$handlerFor$2.apply(KafkaRequestHandlers.scala:39)
>         at kafka.network.Processor.handle(SocketServer.scala:296)
>         at kafka.network.Processor.read(SocketServer.scala:319)
>         at kafka.network.Processor.run(SocketServer.scala:214)
>

> Is there some configuration or manual maintenance I need to perform on Kafka to remediate the exception? Thank you in advance for your assistance.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Chris Alexander
> Technical Architect and Engineer
> Gravy, Inc.