Kafka >> mail # user >> when adding a new broker, does kafka automatically create partitions of existing topics on it? (0.7.1)

+
Xiaoyu Wang 2013-02-08, 05:05
Re: when adding a new broker, does kafka automatically create partitions of existing topics on it? (0.7.1)
This is changed in 0.8. The # of partitions is defined at topic creation
time and it doesn't change with more brokers.

Thanks,

Jun