Kafka, mail # dev - Re: Clients and partition leaders - 2013-02-13, 15:09
Re: Clients and partition leaders
Thanks, Jun, this answers my questions.

I wasn't necessarily thinking of an HTTP interface like Solr, but rather
the way it routes requests to leaders. However, since brokers are not
aware of all the partition leaders, then the Solr approach will not work.

I actually worked a bit on a REST interface a while ago:
https://github.com/mumrah/kafka/tree/rest/contrib/rest-proxy, once 0.8
is out I might pick it up and clean it up a bit.

-David