Kafka, mail # user - Re: Kafka cluster with lots of topics - 2013-11-14, 14:19

Re: Kafka cluster with lots of topics
Thanks for the replies. I don't think Kafka quite fits our use case,
unfortunately. To abstractly answer Edward's question: in a system with
lots of users, we were considering having a topic per user (such that an
individual user can connect from a number of endpoints and receive events,
including events that were sent while the user was disconnected -
persisting the events to disk and using offsets means we don't have to
track which events each individual endpoint has received).