Kafka >> mail # user >> Kafka and Zookeeper node removal from two nodes Kafka cluster

Re: Kafka and Zookeeper node removal from two nodes Kafka cluster
Steve - that's right. I think Monika wanted clarification on what
would happen if replication factor is two and only one broker is
available. In that case, you won't be able to create new topics with
replication factor two (you should see an AdministrationException
saying the replication factor is larger than available brokers).

However, you can send messages to available partitions of topics that
have already been created - because the ISR would shrink to only one
replica for those topics - although the cluster would be in an
under-replicated state. This is covered in the documentation
(http://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html#replication) under the
discussion about ISR.

Thanks,

Joel