Kafka, mail # user - Re: having problem with 0.8 gzip compression - 2013-07-09, 04:38

Re: having problem with 0.8 gzip compression
No, I did not start the consumer before the producer.  I actually started
the producer first and nothing showed up in the consumer unless I commented
out this line -- props.put("compression.codec", "gzip").    If I commented
out the compression codec, everything just works.