Kafka, mail # user - Re: Arguments for Kafka over RabbitMQ ? - 2013-06-07, 13:31

Re: Arguments for Kafka over RabbitMQ ?
Nice of you to reply Alexis and clarify things! FWIW, I personally like
Rabbit very much and I am pushing to use it for other purposes at my
company. It's flexibility, ease of use and even documentation is really top
if you compare with other options.

I might have explained some of my points a bit too rapidly and your
clarifications are much better than what I could do. I think the message
duplication is where I possibly made a false assumption but it wasn't a
decisive factor in our case. It might have been a setup issue also, not
sure. In any way, I don't think here is the place to discuss that.

On the other hand, as a user, I hope Kafka will not try to become a general
purpose messaging system because that's the reason I opted to use it.