Kafka >> mail # dev >> updating API guide on wiki

+
David Arthur 2013-02-13, 14:59
Re: updating API guide on wiki
David,

Thanks for updating the wiki.

StaleControllerEpochCode is used in LeaderAndIsr. It indicates that a
broker receives a request from an old controller, potentially due to
controller failover. We probably should document LeaderAndIsr and
StopReplica. However, they are used internally in Kafka brokers and are not
client apis.

Thanks,

Jun

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 6:58 AM, David Arthur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> FYI, I made a few updates to https://cwiki.apache.org/**
> confluence/display/KAFKA/A+**Guide+To+The+Kafka+Protocol<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/A+Guide+To+The+Kafka+Protocol>
>
> * Added offset commit/fetch APIs
> * Updated error codes
> * Updated RequestKeys
>
> I noticed there are two APIs that are not yet documented: LeaderAndIsr and
> StopReplica. Also I'm not sure how to explain the StaleControllerEpochCode
> error code.
>
> Cheers
> -David

+