Kafka >> mail # dev >> Unit test failure stack traces

+
Neha Narkhede 2013-01-25, 17:40
+
Joe Stein 2013-01-26, 00:23
Re: Unit test failure stack traces
Hi Neha,

did some digging and came accross this.

./sbt
set every traceLevel := 10
test

we can either document it on our wiki or we can set the trace level to a
higher number in build.sbt (i.e. traceLevel := 10)

let me know how it goes

excerpt from http://www.scala-sbt.org/release/docs/Howto/logging.html#trace

Configure printing of stack
tracesĀ¶<http://www.scala-sbt.org/release/docs/Howto/logging.html#trace>

By default, sbt hides the stack trace of most exceptions thrown during
execution. It prints a message that indicates how to display the exception.
However, you may want to show more of stack traces by default.

The setting to configure is traceLevel, which is a setting with an Int
value. When traceLevel is set to a negative value, no stack traces are
shown. When it is zero, the stack trace is displayed up to the first sbt
stack frame. When positive, the stack trace is shown up to that many stack
frames.

For example, the following configures sbt to show stack traces up to the
first sbt frame:

> set every traceLevel := 0

The every part means to override the setting in all scopes. To change the
trace printing behavior for a single project, configuration, or task, scope
traceLevel appropriately:

--

/*
Joe Stein