Kafka >> mail # user >> 0.72 Kafka - ZK over VPN

0.72 Kafka - ZK over VPN
I want to use a ZK cluster for my Kafka cluster, which is only available over a cross-country VPN tunnel. The VPN tunnel is prone to resets, every other day or so, perhaps down for a couple of  minutes at a time.

Is this a concern? Any setting changes I should make to mitigate any potential issues? Will my simple producers be affected at all, while writing to a Kafka broker that experiences this?

Thanks,

Philip