Kafka >> mail # user >> Broker to consumer compression

+
Pablo Barrera González 2013-04-12, 17:57
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-04-12, 19:25
+
Pablo Barrera González 2013-04-12, 19:59
Re: Broker to consumer compression
That is not available for performance reasons. Broker uses zero-copy
to transfer data from disk to the network on the consumer side. If we
post process data already written to disk before sending it to
consumer, we will lose the performance advantage that we have due to
zero copy.

Thanks,
Neha