Kafka >> mail # dev >> Kafka/Hadoop consumers and producers

+
Jay Kreps 2013-07-03, 00:02
+
sudheer1414.m@... 2013-10-02, 14:26
+
Cosmin Lehene 2013-07-03, 09:57
+
Felix GV 2013-07-03, 17:57
+
Ken Goodhope 2013-07-04, 04:29
+
Jay Kreps 2013-07-03, 23:49
+
aotto@... 2013-08-07, 16:42
+
Ken 2013-08-08, 04:51
+
psaltis.andrew@... 2013-08-08, 14:11
+
Felix GV 2013-08-09, 01:19
+
Andrew Psaltis 2013-08-09, 03:22
+
dibyendu.bhattachary...@... 2013-08-10, 04:02
+
Andrew Psaltis 2013-08-09, 15:52
+
Ken Goodhope 2013-08-09, 19:27
+
Jay Kreps 2013-08-10, 22:30
Re: Kafka/Hadoop consumers and producers
I would like to do this refactoring since I did a high level consumer a while ago.
A few weeks ago I had opened KAFKA-949 Kafka on Yarn which I was also hoping to add to contribute.
It's almost done. KAFKA-949 is paired with BIGTOP-989 which adds kafka 0.8 to the bigtop distribution.
KAFKA-949 basically allows kafka brokers to be started up using sysvinit services and would ease some of the
startup/configuration issues that newbies have when getting started with kafka. Ideally I would like to
fold a number of kafka/bin/* commands into the kafka service. Andrew please let me know if would like to
pick this up instead. Thanks!

Kam