Kafka, mail # dev - Auto create "chroot" on server start up?

+
marek 2013-11-13, 23:18
Re: Auto create "chroot" on server start up?
Kostya Golikov 2013-11-13, 23:48
Just one word: Windows.

I'm not a maintainer, but AFAIK kafka targets Windows as well and isn't
chroot is a Unix-specific feature?
2013/11/14 marek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hey,
>
> I'm trying to feel-out if auto creating the broker's registration path
> on server start up would be wanted as a code contribution.
>
> How do the maintainers feel about:
>
> 1.
> Having configurable server parameter:
>
>     auto.create.chroot = true | false
>
> 2.
> If (1) is set to true, the chroot would be create automatically in the
> case that the it is missing from zookeeper, and the server would start
> up normal.
>
> If the maintainers are OK with this idea I'll code it up, it would
> solve a use case we have at my work, and I would send in a patch or
> follow any contribution process given.
>

> Right now if you specify zookeeper.connect as:
>
>     host1:port1,host2:port2,host3:port3/chroot/path
>
> and /chroot/path does not exist in zookeeper, the server does not operate.
>

> -Marek

+
Joel Koshy 2013-11-13, 23:56
+