Kafka >> mail # user >> Setting the consumer's offset

Re: Setting the consumer's offset
Currently, we have tools like ImportOffset that can update the starting
offset of a consumer in ZK. However, one has to stop all consumers first.

We do plan to allow the high level consumer to specify a starting offset in
the future when we revisit the consumer design. Some of the details are
described in
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Consumer+Client+Re-Design

Thanks,

Jun