Kafka, mail # user - Atlanta AJUG presentation on Kafka March 19th

+
Chris Curtin 2013-01-16, 15:27
+
Jun Rao 2013-01-16, 16:12
+
Jay Kreps 2013-01-16, 17:35
Re: Atlanta AJUG presentation on Kafka March 19th
Chris Curtin 2013-02-13, 14:22
Thanks Jun & Jay,

I did my first run through yesterday internally and a couple of the
questions that came up were around performance, typical clusters and
datacenter replication.

I found some slides from 2011 and early 2012 about what LinkedIn's clusters
consist of and some performance numbers. Are there some updated performance
#s for a cluster configuration publicly available (#of machines, cores,
disks etc. to # of messages written, consumed, # of consumers etc.)

I found an old slide about datacenter replication before 0.8.0 Anyone have
a description of how to do it with the new replication features?

Thanks,

Chris
On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 12:35 PM, Jay Kreps <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Also, this wiki has a pretty good collection of presentations which may
> give you ideas. If you want the source ppt or omnigraffle for any of the
> presentations we made let us know.
>

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Kafka+papers+and+presentations
>
> -Jay
>

> On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 7:26 AM, Chris Curtin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm going to be presenting an introduction to Kafka to the Atlanta Java
> > User's Group on March 19th.
> > http://www.meetup.com/atlantajug/events/99878712/
> >
> > This will be a 'hey, this is a cool technology to check out' presentation
> > vs. a use case (since my day-job isn't using it in production yet).
> Anyone
> > have a good architecture overview pictures can use (with attribution of
> > course)?
> >
> > I think I've watched every video presentation about Kafka I can find, but
> > if any of you who have presented want to share some common questions they
> > got or things they wish they'd included in their presentations please let
> > me know.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Chris

+