Kafka >> mail # user >> Kafka message order

Re: Kafka message order
Message order is guaranteed for a given partition, messages are read by
the consumer in a FIFO manner.

You say partitioning based on topic. Do you mean you are using the
default HashPartitioner with the topic name as the routing key? If this
is the case, then all of your messages will be going to the same
partition (which is not normally what you want). Perhaps you could paste
a sample of the code you are using to produce messages, as this will
clarify what you mean by "partitioned based on message topic"

Cheers
-David