Kafka >> mail # dev >> criteria for fixes on 0.8 beta

Re: criteria for fixes on 0.8 beta
Good question. Some fixes are clearly critical (e.g., consumer
deadlocks) that would impact everyone and need to go into 0.8.
Unfortunately the criticality of most other fixes is subjective and
I'm not sure how feasible it is to develop a global criteria. It
probably needs to be determined through consensus whether it needs to
go into 0.8 or not. How about for now: by default we will not
incorporate fixes into 0.8 unless there is a compelling argument
(e.g., regression/clear bug with no good workaround) to do so.

Joel