Kafka >> mail # user >> Kafka 0.8 producer within Play Framework?

+
charlie w 2013-02-02, 00:33
Re: Kafka 0.8 producer within Play Framework?
It seems the issue is related to Scala versions.  I grabbed from
https://github.com/kevinwright/kafka
and built with
sbt "++2.10.0 package"

I'm able to have my Play app produce messages for Kafka now.
On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 5:32 PM, charlie w <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is it possible to have a Kafka 0.8 producer inside a Play Framework
> controller?  (I am new to both Kafka and Play.)
>
> I have managed to get Java code cribbed from the Kafka examples
> (below) to compile and execute within Play, but constructing the
> ProducerConfig object never returns.  I am not finding anything in any
> Play log.
>
> I've also tried this using the Scala console producer as a model and
> had the same result
>
> The Kafka console producer and consumer samples are working for me.
>
> Thanks
> Charlie
>
> code:
>

> package controllers;
>
> import java.util.Properties;
>
> import kafka.producer.ProducerConfig;
> import kafka.javaapi.producer.Producer;
> import kafka.producer.KeyedMessage;
>
> public class Hello
> {
>    public static void hello( String v )
>    {
>       Properties props = new Properties();
>       props.put("zk.connect", "127.0.0.1:2181");
>       props.put("serializer.class", "kafka.serializer.StringEncoder");
>       props.put("broker.list", "localhost:9092" );
>
>       play.Logger.info("create config");
>       ProducerConfig config = new ProducerConfig(props);
>
>       play.Logger.info("create producer");
>       Producer<Integer, String> producer = new Producer<Integer,
> String>(config);
>
>       play.Logger.info("yay!");
>
>       KeyedMessage msg = new KeyedMessage<Integer,
> String>("test-topic", "Greetings!");
>
>       producer.send( msg );
>    }
> }