Kafka, mail # user - Using Stunnel to encrypt/authenticate Kafka producers and consumers...

Re: Using Stunnel to encrypt/authenticate Kafka producers and consumers...
Jason Rosenberg 2013-04-22, 20:06
I'm interested in the same topic (similar use case).

What I think would be nice too (and this has been discussed a bit in the
past on this list), would be to have ssl support within the kafka protocol.
 Zookeeper also doesn't support ssl, but at least now, in 0.8, producing
clients no longer really need zookeeper connections.  So, if we could just
get encryption support for the kafka protocol, it would go a long way.

Jason