Kafka >> mail # user >> Kafka wiki Documentation conventions - looking for feedback

Re: Kafka wiki Documentation conventions - looking for feedback
Jun, can you explain this a little better? I thought when using Consumer
Groups that on startup Kafka connects to ZooKeeper and finds the last read
offset for every partition in the topic being requested for the group. That
is then the starting point for the consumer threads.

If a second process starts while the first one is running with the same
Consumer Group, won't the second one read the last offsets consumed by the
already running process and start processing from there? Then as the first
process syncs consumed offsets, won't the 2nd process's next update
overwrite them?

Thanks,

Chris