Kafka >> mail # user >> One 0.72 ConsumerConnector, multiple threads, 1 blocks. What happens?

One 0.72 ConsumerConnector, multiple threads, 1 blocks. What happens?
Hello -- we're using 0.72. We're looking at the source, but want to be sure. :-)

We create a single ConsumerConnector, call createMessageStreams, and
hand the streams off to individual threads. If one of those threads
calls next() on a stream, gets some messages, and then *blocks* in
some subsequent operation (and blocks for minutes), can it potentially
cause all other threads (calling next() on other streams) to block
too? Does something inside the ConsumerConnector block all other
stream processing? This would explain some behaviour we're seeing.

Thanks,

Philip